Alternative
March 29, 2024, 09:10:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Jethro Tull 40th Anniversary tour

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jethro Tull 40th Anniversary tour  (Read 120 times)
Roger Cooper
Administrator
Hero

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:43:31 pm »

An enjoyable evening yesterday. Jethro Tull were at the Colston Hall last night, the venue that i saw them for the first time 35 years ago. Then, the audience were not truly appreciative as Tull only wanted to perform tracks from the then new "Thick as a Brick" album. But last night was tremendous, showcasing 40 years of Tull's music, an impossible task considering their repertoire and recordings, but there was something for everyone. Ian Anderson was on fine form, an excellent musician as well as raconteur. They performed songs from their earliest albums, songs that were recorded via the BBC but never released on any albums and paid a fitting tribute to John Peel who was instrumental in bringing Tull to the publics attention, as with many other bands of the era.

There were no highlights, the whole performance was slick and as professional as always, though the audience  appreciated having 'Aqualung' performed, i was pleased that they did 'Locomotive Breath' as the encore, instead of the usual 'Wind up'. In all a good night and well worth catching.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Major Bloodnok

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 08:14:41 pm »

Hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8&feature=related

Once they went past Bourree, was there anything left in the tank ?  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Roger Cooper
Administrator
Hero

Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:44:29 pm »

That would be saying the same for any band that once they have achieved any critical aclaim. What impresses me with these bands from the 60's and 70's is that they are able to attract such an interest. last night, the audience was a mix of young and old and the music that i grew up with is still very much alive.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: