Alternative
March 29, 2024, 04:57:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Laugh - I nearly crashed the car today

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laugh - I nearly crashed the car today  (Read 122 times)
Lippytarian
Hero

I am a banana

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »

Ok, ok, I know - there's a serious side to this. 20 or 30 people died.

But comedy is comedy - it can't be denied.

So the Capt wrecks his ship, according to his bosses because he was "showing off", posing too close to shore. Then there is the recording, apparently genuine, of the coastguard shouting and swearing at the guy to get back on his ship and assist the passengers. And today, I heard on the news while driving, he says he was only in the lifeboat because he slipped and fell into it.

I was crying. Maybe tomorrow he'll claim he crashed because he heard something really funny on the radio - now that I could believe!

Report Spam   Logged

Be careful what you ask for - you might get it

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tattie
Hero

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 12:47:02 am »

Ok, ok, I know - there's a serious side to this. 20 or 30 people died.

But comedy is comedy - it can't be denied.

So the Capt wrecks his ship, according to his bosses because he was "showing off", posing too close to shore. Then there is the recording, apparently genuine, of the coastguard shouting and swearing at the guy to get back on his ship and assist the passengers. And today, I heard on the news while driving, he says he was only in the lifeboat because he slipped and fell into it.

I was crying. Maybe tomorrow he'll claim he crashed because he heard something really funny on the radio - now that I could believe!

I nearly ran into you!

Now we appear to have an inebriated, lustful captain zeroing in on an interpretor whilst his "crew" are telling the passengers that a 20-30 degree list is due to a generator problem....................rofl
Report Spam   Logged

Maybe this world is another planet's hell !
Lippytarian
Hero

I am a banana

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:07:11 am »

I nearly ran into you!

Now we appear to have an inebriated, lu****l captain zeroing in on an interpretor whilst his "crew" are telling the passengers that a 20-30 degree list is due to a generator problem....................rofl

She's joined up as part of a comedy double-act saying the Capt was a hero for saving 4000 people.Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Be careful what you ask for - you might get it
John
Hero

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:49:01 pm »

Now wehave the good Lord Winston defending the brave Captain by comparing him to a 17 year old who was shot for cowardice in WW1.

A 17 year old grunt less than a year in his job, scared to bits, up to his eyes in mud and blood probably while thousands of people are trying their best to kill him.

Compared to a 52 year old at the pinnacle of his career in an environment which rich people pay thousands a week to live in temporarily.
Warm when the weather is cold and cool when it`s hot. Stewards and stewardesses falling over themselves to serve his every whim.
For probably thirty year4s or more his training has prepared him to cope with emergency situations.

And Winston thinks they are comparable.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: